Processing of personal data from the application
In the context of the provision of its services, the company Noir Lumière is required to collect certain personal data as a controller or processor within the meaning of Article 4 of Regulation No. 2016/679 (the “GDPR“).
Thus, Noir Lumière collects as a controller, for the purposes of creating and managing the account on the application, and for the provision of a support service:
- Name, first names of the person who opened the account;
- Email and business phone number of the person who opened the account or of the person requesting the support service;
- Company and function within the employer;
- Connection history to the application for each person who connects.
This data is collected for the purpose of fulfilling Noir Lumière’s contractual obligations (creation of the account and provision of the associated services) and its legitimate interest (securing the computer system and the hosted data).
In addition, Noir Lumière collects from the persons to whom a download link is sent the following information, as a subcontractor:
- Name given by the sender of the link, customer of Noir Lumière ;
- The company involved;
- The email, when it has been filled in;
- The IP address and the country geolocation;
- Browser information (model, bone);
- The segments and the percentage of the film / the extract consulted.
This data is collected in order to verify that the excerpts and films are viewed in the identified destination country, as well as to provide a playback report to customers who have subscribed to Noir Lumière services, in accordance with Noir Lumière’s contractual commitments to its customers.
The collected data is kept for the duration of the opening of the corresponding account, then archived for a period of three years, except legal obligations. The data relating to the connection history is kept for a period of three (3) weeks.
Depending on the nature of the data processed and the legal basis for the processing, any person concerned has a right of access, rectification, deletion and opposition to the processing of such data.
For any request relating to the processing of their personal data by Noir Lumière, including for the exercise of their rights, the persons concerned can send an email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a dispute relating to the collection and processing of their personal data, the persons concerned may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities, and in particular with the CNIL (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes).